Many of us wish we had perfect vision 100 percent of the time. Unfortunately, many Americans suffer from vision disorder that can negatively impact their ability to complete daily activities, and that can negatively impact their ability to focus their eyes properly. If you have an eye focusing problem, chances are you're suffering from an underlying vision disorder that can be addressed by our optometrist.
For eye care and eye focusing problems, visit our eye doctor that can give an eye exam to help with your eye focusing problem! At M-Eye Vision, our optometrist can work with patients with a variety of ailments, including those with an eye focusing problem. For more information about why you might be having this problem, and what we can do to fix it, read on below. Then, schedule an appointment at our clinic in Katy, TX.
What Is Causing My Eye Focusing Problem?
If you find it difficult to focus on your eyes, there are a wide range of possibilities. Not all this means there is something seriously wrong with your eye health or physical health, but it may be a good to get an expert opinion from our optometrist. Some of the most common causes of an eye focusing problem include:
- Computer vision syndrome: This is when you look at a computer screen for too long. We tend to not blink when doing so, leading to eye strain and trouble focusing.
- Astigmatism: This can impact anyone at any age but is common in children and adolescents. This is a condition in which the shape of your cornea is abnormal, causing focusing issues.
- Myopia: This is also known as nearsightedness.
- Hyperopia: This is also known as farsightedness.
- Detached retina: This can occur due to trauma.
- Cataracts: This is a clouding over the eye that occurs in older adults.
Other medical conditions such as high blood sugar in diabetes
How Can an Optometrist Help?
Because there are many causes to your eye focusing problem, it can be important to get the expert help from our optometrist. She will help determine if your focusing issue is due to a vision disorder, eye disease, or help rule out serious medical issues. She will do so by conducting an eye exam, asking questions about your symptoms, and then providing treatment options such as medications, eye glasses, or contact lenses.
Get an Eye Exam from Our Optometrist for Your Eye Focusing Problem
At M-Eye Vision, we're here to help our residents of Katy, TX, get the help they need to see clearly and recover from their eye focusing problem. Call us at (281) 394-7886 to schedule an appointment for all an eye exam to help treat your eye focusing problem.